In this article we will be considering “How Long Does It Take To Become A Full Stack Developer”. Honestly speaking you can become a full stack developer between 3 months, 6 months to a year. It all depends on your availability and experience level, and also it also depends on if your going to be doing it as a full time or part time study.
Who Is A Developer?
A developer also known as a programmer, coder or software engineer is an IT professional who uses programming languages to create computer software. What do software developers do? Developers write, test, debug and maintain applications. Developer roles can vary widely depending on the type of organization.
Types Of Developers And Their Roles
- Software developer: A software developer is someone who designs software and applications that helps users execute specific functions and tasks
- Back-end developer: Back-end developers are the experts who build and maintain the mechanisms that process data and perform actions on websites. Unlike front-end developers, who control everything you can see on a website, back-end developers are involved in data storage, security, and other server-side functions that you cannot see.
- Game developer: Video game developers help transform games from a concept to a playable reality. They do this by coding visual elements, programming features, and testing iterations until a game is ready for market.
Who Is A Full Stack Developer?
Full-stack developers are experts in both the frontend and backend; so, the full-stack of technology that makes up a website.
They are proficient in both frontend and backend languages and frameworks, as well as in server, network and hosting environments.
To get to this breadth and depth of knowledge, most full-stack developers will have spent many years working in a variety of different roles. They also tend to be well-versed in both business logic and user experience, meaning they are not only well-equipped to get hands on, but can also guide and consult on strategy too.
Full Stack Developer Requirements
If your serious about succeeding in this line of work you need to take note of the basic requirements of a full stack developer.
- Degree in computer science.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Proficiency with server-side languages such as Python, Ruby, Java, PHP, and .Net.
- Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL, Oracle, and MongoDB.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
How Long Does It Take To Become A Full Stack Developer
As I mentioned earlier the duration of time required to become a full stack developer depends on your schedule as an individual. You can become a full stack developer as early as 3 months depending on the amount of time you invest in it, as well as experience levels as stated below;
- Beginner: A beginner has little to no experience in coding and development. You use websites and web applications, but you don’t know how to build them. You may have an aptitude for technical work, but you haven’t yet explored the extent of your capabilities.
- Enthusiast: An enthusiast is a hobbyist or amateur who has done some coding, built some websites, worked with HTML, CSS or PHP or otherwise explored the field. You don’t work professionally as a coder, but you’re somewhat familiar with the thinking and structures involved.
- Professional: You are already a front end or a back end developer, and you’ve worked professionally in the field. You need to learn the other side of the discipline or revise and upgrade your skills to become competitive in the full stack job market.
Note: A professional stand a better chance to become a certified full stack developer faster than an enthusiast and a beginner. But it mostly depends on the amount of time your ready to sacrifice from your schedule to achieve your goal.
Related: What Is Technology Insurance?