In this article we will be considering “How Long Does It Take To Become A Front End Developer”. A multitude of factors can influence your timeline, including your existing experience, schedule, available resources. It takes an average of 6 months to get a basic web dev education, but to become a veteran and an expert on front end developing it will take more than 6 months of basic web education to get there.
Who Is A Developer?
A developer also known as a programmer, coder or software engineer is an IT professional who uses programming languages to create computer software. What do software developers do? Developers write, test, debug and maintain applications. Developer roles can vary widely depending on the type of organization.
Types Of Developers And Their Roles
- Software developer: A software developer is someone who designs software and applications that helps users execute specific functions and tasks
- Back-end developer: Back-end developers are the experts who build and maintain the mechanisms that process data and perform actions on websites. Unlike front-end developers, who control everything you can see on a website, back-end developers are involved in data storage, security, and other server-side functions that you cannot see.
- Game developer: Video game developers help transform games from a concept to a playable reality. They do this by coding visual elements, programming features, and testing iterations until a game is ready for market.
Who Is A Front – End Developer?
Responsibilities Of A Front – End Developer
- Knowing and understanding the key principles of design
- Using server-side CSS to enhance the user’s experience
- Creating responsive, adaptive designs that work on desktop and mobile devices
- Writing code that is reusable and understandable by others
- Optimizing sites for speed and growth
- Using design software like Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop
Important Skills Front End Developers Need To Be Adept On;
As a front end developer you have to be proficient on the following;
- Key Front End Developers Skills
- Front End Frameworks
- CSS Preprocessors
- RESTful Services/APIs
- Responsive/Mobile Design
- Cross-Browser Development
- Content Management Systems
- Git/Version Control
- Problem Solving
Requirements Of A Front End Developer
- Have a degree in Computer Science or similar field.
- Understand server-side CSS.
- Be experienced with graphic design applications (e.g., Adobe Illustrator)
- Understand the principles of SEO.
How Long Does It Take To Become A Front End Developer
As I said before multitude of factors can influence your timeline, including your existing experience, schedule, available resources. It takes an average of 6 months to get a basic web dev education, but to become a veteran and an expert on front end developing it will take more than 6 months of basic web education to get there. You also have to consider your experience level, to determine the amount of time you will have to invest to achieve your goal.
The Different Experience Levels include;
Beginner: You may probably be a student or your in a different field and your aspiring for a career in technology, you might not have any professional experience, but that hasn’t stopped you from pursuing a career in tech. Maybe you like browsing the web or have an affinity for figuring out apps and programs you belong to this category.
Enthusiast: In this category maybe you have been requested handle technical challenges that are typically outside your professional purview, and that gets you enthusiastic or interested in learning more about technology.
Professional: In this category, you maybe into another aspect of technology probably your a back end developer and you wish to learn more about front end developing you fall into this category.