In this article we will be considering “What are The 14 Different Types Of Chatbots you must know?”. Now according to “Dictionary” a “Bot” is an autonomous program on the internet or another network that can interact with systems or users or simply put a “Bot” is a Robot.
What Is A Bot?
A bot short for robot and also called an internet bot is a computer program that operates as an agent for a user or other program or to simulate a human activity. Bots are normally used to automate certain tasks, meaning they can run without specific instructions from humans.
Examples of Bots
Instant messenger apps such as;
- Facebook Messenger
- Google Assistant and
Are regarded as “Bots”.
Classification of Bots
- Good Bots: This are bots that are designed to help a user to perform day to day to tasks with ease.
- Bad Bots: This on the other hand are bots designed to hurt your websites, company and business
Types of Good Bots
Monitoring bots : used to monitor the health of websites and also website uptimes and downtimes
Backlink Checker bots: used to check the inbound URLs a website is getting
Search Engine Crawler bots: used to index webpages for fast information retrieval
Aggregator/ Feed fetcher bots: Partner bots: Bots that collate information from websites and keeps users or subscribers updated on news, events or blog posts
Social Network bots: this are used by social networking platforms such as; Facebook, WhatsApp etc.
- Partner Bots: Partner bots that are useful to websites and carry out tasks, transactions and provide essential business services.
- Chatbots: this bot has the ability to answer questions examples of this chatbots include virtual assistants, such as Amazon’s Alexa, Apple’s Siri and Google Assistant.
- Shop bots: this bot can be used by people to shop online via means like shopify.
- Knowbots: These programs collect knowledge for a user by automatically visiting websites to retrieve information that meets certain specified criteria
- Transactional bots: This bots help users to carry out banking tasks easily such as confirming online transactions
Types of Bad Bots
- Scraper bots: These bots are programmed to steal content
- Spam bots: These are bots designed to send inappropriate materials such as messages and images to your website.
- Scalper bots: Software programs designed to automate online purchasing. This bot can be used by scammers to attack your credit/debit card.
- Grinch bots.
- Account creation bots.
- Bots as a service
- Spinner bots.
- Monitor bots
- AIO bots
- Foot printing bots.
- Sneaker bots.
What is a Chatbot?
According to “Dictionary” a Chatbot is a computer program designed to simulate conversation with human users, especially over the internet.
According to “Wikipedia” A chatbot or chatterbot is a software application used to conduct an on-line chat conversation via text or text-to-speech.
According to “Investopedia” A chatbot is a computer program that simulates human conversation through voice commands or text chats or both.
What is Chatbots On My Phone?
A chatbot is likely a program you can talk to to get information or perform tasks on your phone. you can ask the chatbot for the weather forecast or schedule an appointment using your phone. These chatbots use Artificial Intelligence to understand the human conversation and mimic the human behavior.
What is the best Chatbot?
Here are 8 of the best chatbots that you can use to build the best Bot for your company, platform and business.
- Lobster by EBI.AI. EBI.AI have created their own advanced conversational AI platform that comes with a free trial
- ProProfs Chat
26 Examples of chatbots
- Tidio Support Bot
- Kuki AI Companion
- Meena by Google
- BlenderBot by Facebook
- Rose AI Chatbot
- Replika: AI Friend
- Eviebot by Existor
- Tay by Microsoft
- Vivibot by HopeLab
- Xiaoice by Microsoft
- Domino’s Messenger Bot
- Insomnobot 3000 by Casper
- Real Estate Chatbot
- Weobot: Mental Health Bot
- Buoy Health Chatbot
- Roo: Educational Bot
- Nightbot for Twitch
- Mya: HR Chatbot
- Mondly Learning Bot
- Visual Dialog Chatbot
- Globe Telecom Bot
- Chirpy Cardinal Chatterbot
- Siri by Apple
- LaMDA: AI Bot Engine
- Meet Einstein Bot
- Pepper by Softbank
Related articles: What is Datafication in Data Science?
What are The 14 Different Types Of Chatbots you must know?
There are many different types of chatbots such as the Voice Chatbot, Hybrid Chatbot check out more below;
- Voice Chatbots: A voice Chatbot is a voice-to-text and text-to-speech communication channel powered by AI
- Hybrid chatbots: A hybrid chatbot is a program that dialogues with humans to provide an automated and personalized reply
- Social messaging chatbots: Automate Your Social Media Channels.
- Menu-based chatbots: This chatbot offer the user to choose from several options, presented in the form of menus or buttons
- Skills chatbots: A skill is a chatbot that can perform a set of tasks for another chatbot
- Keyword-based chatbots: This chatbot are designed to help with simple customer service queries and frequently asked questions
- Rules-based chatbots: A rule-based chatbot uses a tree-like flow instead of AI to help guests with their queries
- AI-powered contextual chatbots: These chatbots understand user inputs that it receives in the form of text or voice using Natural Language Processing.
- Support chatbots: A support chatbot is software that can mimic human speech.
- Scripted/Quick reply chatbots: A chatbot script is a document that outlines a written sequence of conversational messages between a chatbot and a user.
- Natural Language Processing (NLP) Chatbots: These AI-powered chatbots use a branch of AI called natural language processing (NLP) to provide a better user experience.
- Service/Action Chatbots: A customer service chatbot is a bot that uses AI and machine learning to answer basic customer questions via a business messenger.
- Context Enabled Chatbots: Chatbots that can understand the context of a conversation, and derive the right meaning of the user query.
- Voice-Enabled Chatbots: Voice enabled chatbots are basically digital assistants that hear, perceive and respond to your voice inputs.