Orange Knowledge Programme in The Netherlands – The Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP) offers scholarships funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs available for a selection of:
- short courses (round 1: duration 2 weeks to 12 months; round 2: duration 2 weeks to 7 months);
- master’s programmes (duration 12 to 24 months).
Deadline: 30 Mar/5 Sept 2023 (annual)
Course starts: courses starting between 24 July 2023 and 31 January 2024.
A limited number of scholarships is awarded to female and male professionals who are:
- living and working in an OKP country;
- proficient in English or French;
- working in one of the priority areas for their country;
- can motivate using and transferring their knowledge and experience in their employing organisation after their studies;
- agreeing to the Obligations and conditions .
An OKP scholarship is intended to supplement the salary that you should continue to receive during the scholarship period. The scholarship is a contribution towards your costs of living and costs such as tuition fees, visa, travel, insurance etc. You have to cover any difference between the OKP scholarship amount and the actual costs yourself.
The procedure is as follows:
1. Candidates register with their Dutch education institution
2. Dutch institution nominates candidates and submits grant application
3. Embassies check eligibility and assess applications
4. Selection results available for Dutch education institutions
5. Grants awarded through Dutch education institutions
Results of applications are announced 3 to 4 months after application. The Dutch education institution through which you applied for the scholarship will contact you on the results of your application