About the Job
Electrical and Instrumentation Technician Job in Lagos – DEM Controls Ltd, a major player in the Engineering & Systems Integration business, provides an exceptionally high quality engineering service for its customers in the areas of Automation & Control systems, Functional Safety (SIS), Instrumentation, Fire & Gas systems, Electrical, Panel building, Remote Monitoring Services, Turbomachinery Services (Turbine & Compressor Controls) and Training services.
We are looking to hire experienced electrical, control and instrumentation technicians to join us at our Lagos office.
As an Electrical & Instrumentation Technician, you will be required to carry out installation, testing, commissioning, and maintenance of field instrumentation (transmitters, gauges, valves, pumps, switches etc.), electrical system devices relays, breakers, electrical panels, transformers, VFD and PLC based equipment.
- 11-50 employees
- Lagos, Lagos State, Nigeria Hybrid
- Review and understanding of Electrical schematics, equipment drawings & instrument P&ID.
- Uses gauges and other test instruments to diagnose malfunctions and mechanic hand and power tools to disassemble, repair, and reassemble system components
- Performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of Electrical devices & field instrument operation and maintenance, repair principles, testing and commissioning
- Installation, field cable terminations on instrument & junction box, calibration & commissioning of process instrumentation (transmitters, gauges, valves etc), electrical power distribution and monitoring devices, VFD drives and motor control.
- Performs preventive and corrective maintenance works on transmitters, valves, pumps, actuators, pressure relief devices, switches, protection relays
- Investigate equipment failures, determine root cause of failure and submit report.
- Handle work tools like Trex communicator (Hart 475), Digital meters and other relevant electrical & instrument troubleshooting & calibration tools
- Ability to climb stairs, ladders and walk long distances during the course of the work day
- Diagnose and correct problems associated with PLC’s control wiring and electrical systems.
- Provide support to Project Engineers & Field Service Managers
- Compliance with the training matrix for the Electronic Technician position for continous career growth.
- Minimum of High School Diploma, NABTEB/OND, HND, B.Eng, Electrical/Electronics/Instrumentation, Mechanical Engineering and other relevant degree. Degree from a Technical School is an added advantage
- Minimum of 5-8 years working experience in service areas covering field instrumentation, electrical installation & maintenance.
- ISA CCST (Certified Control System Technician) Certification is an added advantage
- Professional qualification in related field is an added advantage.
- Able to read and understand P&ID drawings, schematic drawings, and control loop drawings
- Good knowledge of ISA 5.1 standard on Instrumentation symbol convention & NEC Electrical codes
- General knowledge of Programmable Electronic Systems (DCS, PLC), HMI, logic diagram and ladder diagram will be an added advantage
- Willingness to work overtime and respond to call-out after hours and weekends when needed.
- Basic knowledge in computers, MS Office, specifically in Word and Excel
- Knowledge of AutoCAD is an added advantage
- Works well in a team or individual environment
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good team player