In this article we will be considering “Are Programming And Coding The Same Thing”.
What is Programming?
- According to Wikipedia computer programming is the process of performing a particular computation, usually by designing and building an executable computer program. Programming involves tasks such as analysis, generating algorithms, profiling algorithms’ accuracy and resource consumption, and the implementation of algorithms.
5 Types Of Programming Languages
- Procedural programming languages
- Functional Programming Language.
- Scripting Programming Language.
- Logic Programming Language.
- Object-Oriented Programming Language
Procedural Programming Language
- According to Wikipedia Procedural programming is a programming paradigm, derived from imperative programming, based on the concept of the procedure call. Procedures simply contain a series of computational steps to be carried out.
- According to Hackr Procedural Programming may be the first programming paradigm that a new developer will learn. Fundamentally, the procedural code is the one that directly instructs a device on how to finish a task in logical steps.
Functional Programming Language
- According Wikipedia In computer science, functional programming is a programming paradigm where programs are constructed by applying and composing functions.
- Functional programming is a way of thinking about software construction by creating pure functions. It avoid concepts of shared state, mutable data observed in Object Oriented Programming.
Scripting Programming Language
- A scripting language allows programs to be accessed and utilized by other programs, as is the case with many modern apps and computer functions.
Logic Programming Language
- According to Wikipedia logic programming is a programming paradigm which is largely based on formal logic. Any program written in a logic programming language is a set of sentences in logical form, expressing facts and rules about some problem domain.
- Logic programming is a computer programming paradigm where program statements express facts and rules about problems within a system of formal logic.
Object-Oriented Programming Language
- According to Wikipedia Object-oriented programming is a programming paradigm based on the concept of “objects”, which can contain data and code: data in the form of fields, and code, in the form of procedures. A common feature of objects is that procedures are attached to them and can access and modify the object’s data fields.
- Object-oriented programming is a computer programming model that organizes software design around data, or objects, rather than functions and logic. An object can be defined as a data field that has unique attributes and behavior.
What Is Coding in simple terms?
- Coding is a list of step-by-step instructions that get computers to do what you want them to do. Coding makes it possible for us to create computer software, games, apps and websites. Coders, or programmers, are people who write the programs behind everything we see and do on a computer.
- Coding is the process of assigning a code to something for classification or identification.
4 Types Of Coding
Coding and programming are quite similar in most aspects. The types of programming are similar to the types of coding in existence, as listed below;
- Imperative Coding
- Functional Coding
- logical Coding
- Object-oriented Coding
Imperative coding is a software development paradigm where functions are implicitly coded in every step required to solve a problem.
Functional coding is a style of coding that emphasizes the evaluation of expressions rather than the execution of commands.
In logical programming, the theorem-prover works together with the statements created by the computer programmer to reach conclusions.
Object-oriented Coding is a style of coding characterized by the identification of classes of objects closely linked with the methods (functions) with which they are associated.
Differences Between Programming And Coding
- Coding deals with writing code in a language understood by both machines and humans. The main aim of coding is to provide communication between the two (humans & computers). While Programming involves creating an outline and structure for the program’s code that follows certain standards, before the actual code is written to preform the task it needs to perform.
- Coding means writing codes from one language to another, while programming means to program a machine with a given set of instructions to run.
Are Programming And Coding The Same Thing
Programming and Coding are similar in most areas but have some differences that differentiates them from each other such as;
- Programming is a way that creates applications that incorporate the ratification of codes. On the other hand, coding is part of programming that involves writing codes that a system can understand.
- Programming is the process of creating a set of instructions that tell a computer how to perform a task. On the other hand Coding is the process of assigning a code to something for classification or identification.