In this article we will be considering “24 Best Free Task Management Applications”. As our society is getting more and more technological, you maybe having a hard time in picking a free task management application that will be suitable for you. I will be considering the best free task management applications that are most suitable and easy to use for different purposes.
What Are The Four (4) Elements Of Task Management?
- Defer (Delay)
- Delete (Drop)
Placing a task or project into one of these categories helps you manage your limited time more effectively and stay focused on what matters most to you.
What Is A Free Task Management Application?
From the definition of “Task Management” we can gather that free task management application is simply an application that helps you to keep in control of everything, either in your personal or work life. It allows you to create sections and subtasks, improving the way how you can keep track of your projects. It’s also possible to favorite tasks and highlight them as priorities.
With the above explanation you should an idea of what the concept “Free Task Management Application” is all about, that is if your new to the concept.
Benefits Of Using Free Task Management Applications
After learning about the concept of “Free Task Management Applications” we are going to consider benefits of using free task management applications.
- Workload management.
- Task prioritization.
- Task automation.
- Instant messaging.
- Real-time alerts and notifications.
- Seamless document sharing.
- Time tracking.
- Gantt charts and Kanban boards.
- Task Planning
- Task Scheduling
- Recurring Tasks
- Task Tracking
- Time Tracking
- Reporting and Visualization
- Budgeting Feature
- Resource Management for Free task management software
- Dependencies, Milestones, and the Critical Path
- Ease of using the task management software
- Third-Party Integrations
- Real-Time Data Use
Related: Top 6 Best Uses Of ChatGPT
24 Best Free Task Management Applications
Below are the best and easy to use free task management applications for you.
- ClickUp: ClickUp is an all-in-one productivity tool built for teams of all types across any industry. You can plan, track, and collaborate on any project, build the perfect workflow for you and your team, create marketing campaigns, manage development sprints, and more all in one platform.
- ProofHub: What makes ProofHub one of the best project management apps, however, is that it has tools that help your team discuss visual materials. If the kind of projects you team manage include design work, advertisements, or other visuals, ProofHub should top your list of options. It’s also surprisingly easy to use
- Todoist: The biggest advantage of Todoist is its highly intuitive and easy-to-use interface. Also, its free version has enough features such as prioritization, recurring tasks, subtasks, due dates, labels, collaboration, etc. to get you started
- Any.do: Any.do is a free to-do list, planner & calendar app for managing and organizing your daily tasks, to-do lists, notes, reminders, checklists, calendar events, grocery lists, and more.
- Chanty: Chanty helps teams communicate, collaborate, and connect with other teams using unlimited group messaging and integrated video technology. Chanty brings all apps such as GitLab, Google Drive, MailChimp, and more used during day-to-day operations into one single place
- HubSpot Task Management app: Hubspot task management is a free task application that can be used for the following;
- Easily manage projects from a centralized place.
- Accelerate business productivity.
- Ensure deliverables are on time.
- Easily check task status.
- Create a project using pre-populated templates.
- Allows team to work efficiently.
- Organize onboarding tasks effortlessly.
- Taskque: Professionals can create minutes of meetings after project discussions and receive notifications about assigned tasks/workflows. Additionally, it offers mobile applications for iOS and Android devices, which lets users track project deliverables and add comments in tasks, even from remote locations.
- Flow: Microsoft Flow, now called Power Automate, is cloud-based software that allows employees to create and automate workflows and tasks across multiple applications and services without help from developers.
- Hitask: This free task tool aids to Assign, prioritize, and remind tasks to your team with lists. Check the progress of each project on the go and see what your organization is working on. Sync agendas with any device between mobile, tablet, or the web, so you and your team can collaborate with your projects and tasks from anywhere
- Trello: Trello is the visual tool that empowers your team to manage any type of project, workflow, or task tracking. Add files, checklists, or even automation
- ProProfs Project: ProProfs Project is a simple project management software which allows you and your team to manage projects, assign tasks, track progress and collaborate. With this online project management app, you can track working hours, create detailed reports for your clients and much more.
- Quire: Quire is an online task management application that enables users to capture ideas and help break them into smaller tasks, as small as they want to. It adopts the branching principle into task management, creating a simple and visual application that is easy to learn and natural for the brain to understand.
- Asana: Asana’s web and mobile apps help you stay on track, keep projects organized, and hit deadlines. See project progress, track individual tasks, plan sprints, integrate with other tools, and achieve successful launches
- Things: Things app helps you plan your day, manage your projects, and make real progress toward your goals. Best of all, it’s easy to use. Within the hour, you’ll have everything off your mind and neatly organized from routine tasks to your biggest life goals and you can start focusing on what matters today
- Clockify: Clockify is a time tracker and timesheet app that lets you track work hours across projects.
- Plutio: Plutio – One app to run your business and get work done. Projects management Manage, collaborate and complete projects big or small. Files systemSafely store and organize all your digital assets in one place. Forms and surveys Collect information through beautifully responsive forms.
- Infinity: Infinity was built to help you organize any type of data. The mobile app makes sure to offer the same flexibility. Just like in our web version, you can build and shape your items with 15 custom attributes that will allow you to create to-do lists, CRM, databases, or anything else you need.
- Taskworld: Track work, chat with your team, organize files and analyze performance on the go. Trusted by thousands of teams in over 80 countries to finish work on time, Taskworld offers you the most complete task management experience available on mobile. All the features are available for free for 15 days
- Wimi: Wimi centralises all the tools your teams need to turn your organisation’s projects into successes.
- Basecamp: Teams use Basecamp to keep track of assignments, work together on documents, plan projects, chat, and more. Basecamp is opinionated. It’s built for teams that want to be efficient and get things done without wasting time or putting in overtime
- Wrike: Wrike lets you control task management
- DragApp: DragApp is a Gmail-based help desk tool that allows support teams to manage tasks and collaborate all in a single workspace. You can use its shareable drag-and-drop Kanban boards to organize tickets, create checklists, and log activities. Its features also include email templates, email tracking, and analytics tools
- MeisterTask: MeisterTask is a flexible project management app that scales from personal project tracking to a full-blown project management tool for a large team. It’s based on the Kanban task management system, but it can be adapted and customized based on the needs of your project or company.
- Nifty: Nifty helps you simplify your teams’ workflow by consolidating all phases of your project’s lifecycle into one powerful and intuitive tool. Key Features: Overview – A bird’s eye view of all your projects and their milestones. Track all of your projects and stay on top of their progress.